How Invisalign Straightens Teeth
Invisalign clear braces use a series of thin, plastic aligners to slowly shift teeth into the desired position. Each new set of aligners is custom designed by a dentist to fit comfortably in your mouth and apply just the right amount of pressure to gradually straighten crooked, misaligned or gapped teeth.
Unlike traditional braces that rely on unsightly metal brackets and wires, the transparent Invisalign aligners are so discreet that your friends, family and coworkers will likely not even notice when you are wearing them – they will only see your beautiful smile!
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
Each person’s smile is unique, which means the length of Invisalign treatment can vary from patient to patient. However, in general, most patients complete Invisalign treatment in 12 to 18 months – considerably less time compared to traditional metal braces!
To help straighten your smile on schedule, be sure to wear your Invisalign aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, or as directed by Dr. Castleberry. While your aligners can easily be taken out to eat or brush your teeth, make sure to pop them back in as soon as you are done!
In addition, cavities and other dental problems can interrupt your Invisalign treatment, so be sure to practice good oral hygiene by brushing twice a day and flossing daily.
The Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign clear braces offer a range of benefits compared to conventional braces, such as:
- Discreet Appearance – The transparent plastic aligners are virtually invisible when being worn.
- Greater Comfort – Metal braces can sometimes irritate the inner cheeks and gums. In contrast, smooth, plastic aligners are designed for your comfort!
- Removable – You can easily remove your Invisalign aligners to eat meals, enjoy a drink after work with friends, and brush your teeth normally.
- Convenience Factor – You do not have to worry about Invisalign treatment interrupting your busy schedule. Patients typically must see a dentist only once every 4 to 6 weeks during treatment.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is an excellent cosmetic solution for most adult men and women who want a straighter smile. While some serious dental issues – like severely rotated teeth – are best treated with more traditional orthodontic treatment, Invisalign is perfectly suited to address a wide range of common dental imperfections, such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Mild overbites or underbites
If you want to know if Invisalign clear braces are right for you, schedule a visit at our convenient Vintage Park location with Dr. Castleberry. He will be happy to discuss your smile goals and help determine the best path forward to achieving the beautiful, straight smile you deserve.